Friday, September 9, 2011

September, moving forward, new opportunities

I'll admit it.  I was slightly disappointed that I am not going back to school full time this year.  After a year out of the loop I miss it.   However September looks like a month of new beginnings and opportunities.  I am taking another online class this semester through Distance Education from the University of Guelph to put toward a certificate in Environmental Conservation, I want to stay up to date and add more knowledge while I job search and possible upgrades for grad school.  The class is Environmental Stewardship, and it seems interesting with assignments that will include my own field work by picking a site and doing an inventory and maps, another one on community involvement and personal reflections and readings.   I am pretty excited about all of it. I think it will give me great experience with my course work and stuff to add to my portfolio.  Also the community stuff could lead to volunteering or other networking options. 

There is another thing I hope to accomplish this month, but I don't wanna jinx it.  It has taken me a while.  I've been practicing and am going to keep trying, I'll let you know once I get it.  

I am also going to be an Environmental Educator for the Ontario Citizens’ Coalition for Clean Affordable Energy.  They are a non-profit group who are concerned with Ontario's Clean Energy, and how this issue will be addressed in the upcoming election.  It's not with a party, but an organization that wants voters to be aware of this issue and where their candidate stands on Clean Energy.  I will be canvassing around London, not selling, but educating.  I am excited to be doing something green, it will look good on my resume, and could lead to more.   


Thats all for now, Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment