Sunday, July 1, 2012

Canada Day

Well it is Canada Day, the day we celebrate our great country.  As mad as we are at our current government and their cuts to well everything we can't let this damper Canada's Birthday.  Canada is a great country and always has been so lets celebrate it.  Canada deserves a celebration, it has given so much to us, and it deserves us to give back to it.  If Harper won't stand up for Canada it is up to us.   I believe as Canadians we are patriotic and when our government fails us we get really upset because we don't understand how and why our government would do that.  I take it personal when there are cuts to the environmental ministries: Ministry of Environment, Fisheries and Oceans, and Natural Resources.   These are agencies I dream of working for and cutting them leaves little hopes for me getting a job and not only that it is really putting our environment at risk.  The environment is what makes our country so beautiful, destroying our nature damages the true nature of our patriotic symbols: maple trees, destroying the homes of our wildlife: beavers, loons, caribous, polar bears, etc.   It is their country too.  Lets celebrate the nature of Canada, as well as our culture, and the land.  We may not support our current policies and changes but we need to support Canada.  It is just a matter of how.   I can't support every charity through money which I am asked for on a regular basis but I think by being aware of the issues and willing to stand up for Canada and know that our country is in trouble is the first step.  I am trying my best to make this post positive and patriotic but also realistic, forgive me if I sound pessimistic.  I just wanted to give my rant on Harper but in Honor of Canada. And I think I am not alone in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment